Are you a person looking to produce your first short or feature film? Do you want to learn in a “real” working set environment? If so, this course is for you.
This six (6) week intensive bootcamp gives you an opportunity to learn producing, while providing you with “real” tools, knowledge, experience, a film credit on the finished picture and on imdb, which can be used to secure future work and credibility with other professionals within the entertainment industry.
According to Wikipedia, “A film producer is a person who oversees the entire film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of a film production, such as selecting the script; coordinating writing, directing, editing, cast, production paperwork and arranging financing and distribution.”
In short, a producer is in charge of all aspects of production, including the cast, screenwriter, director, finances and the crew. Further, a producer is responsible for all phases of filmmaking, such as, development, pre-production, production, post-production and marketing. Ultimately, a film producer is responsible for the overall health of the film and accountable for the success of the finished product.
A good producer must be a smart businessperson, key strategist, motivator, sharp negotiator, problem solver and a creative visionary.
In the “Producer’s Bootcamp” you will learn:
– The basics of selecting a script and storytelling
– Understanding of the entire creative process, including screenwriting, directing, editing and marketing
– Learn how to control the overall planning of a production
– Basic Budgeting
– Basic Scheduling
– Production paperwork
– Understanding the Screen Actor’s Guild (SAG)
– Securing financial resources
– The casting process
– Ensuring compliance with unions and guilds
– Selecting and managing key crew
– What are Vendors and how do we work with them?
– How post-production works?
– The basics of distribution
– How to market a film?
– Full time and “live” on set practical experience
*There are two upcoming projects that are eligible for this boot camp participation.
“Transgress” is a short film being shot for 3 days shoot in Los Angeles, California. The film production begins shooting on June 21 – June 23, 2019. The objective of the short film is to make the deadline for the world renowned “Sundance Film Festival” and to be distributed on various platforms and other festivals from around the world.
- Eligible credits on the short film are “Co-Executive Producer,” “Co-Producer” and “Associate Producer” depending on the full time level of participation agreed upon. Also, if you prefer a key department head position, this can be discussed.
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN for this “Producer’s Bootcamp” class.
Pre-Production Start – August 1, 2019
Production Start – August 15, – August 18, 2019 (Estimated)
*This is a 6 week course and depending on when you enroll, you can start with the pre-production, production or post-production phase.
*Film will be announced once the students are assembled and pick the script*